HIT Seattle Events
COVID 19: Is Telemedicine the Future of Health Care?
Please join Thursday, May 21 @9am PST/12pm EST/5pm GMT Harvard in Tech: Seattle for a special panel webinar on COVID 19: Is Telemedicine the Future of Health Care?
Webinar Registration RSVP: https://lnkd.in/dEb_NQq
COVID 19 and Reopening the Economy
Harvard in Tech Seattle presents a video discussion with Mayor Kate Gallego of Phoenix, a fellow Harvard Alum on reopening the economy during COVID 19 pandemic. We will explore what are the precautions needed to re-open the economy, what kind of support needed in city, state and fed. level, and also with the changes how do we prepare ahead for technology infrastructure and services needed.
1. By practicing Social Distancing we are saving lives.
2. It is safer to reopen the Economy when COVID 19 is in 14 consecutive days downward trend (CDC recommended)
3. Testing is critical in controlling the COVID 19 pandemic. However, we are not yet conducting enough testing.
4. We are all in this together.
EduTech solutions to COVID 19
Role of EduTech managing COVID 19 pandemic
Join the video discussion with Harvard Prof. Mark Esposito on EduTech solutions to COVID 19. Educational Technology can inform, influence public behavior, improve social networking to reduce isolation, and support overall health.
1. Tools for collaboration can help us cope with Social Distancing - Microsoft Teams, Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, Zoom, Google Hangout and other social media and communications tools.
2. Physical & mental health are equally important. Activities can help bring a sense of normalcy to the crisis, Virtual birthday parties: Evite, Garage Band, XBOX Kinect, virtual personal fitness: Flight.
3. Lack of effective global emergency broadcast system that is clear, consistent and unified to manage pandemic.
4. Leadership matters. We are a Global Society and need to behave in a way to benefit the global community. Global governance and collaboration required across countries.
5. Stay safe, keep learning and be part of discussion.